marypcbuk: (Default)
[personal profile] marypcbuk
Duty Calls

is that I was too busy *being* it. I need the T shirt of this...

EDIT
Even funnier is that when I looked up the URL of this, the first thing my search found was - people arguing whether the grammar of the joke is wrong!

Date: 2009-07-03 10:06 pm (UTC)
From: [identity profile] budleysalterton.livejournal.com
One is not enough !!!

I have always been there.

Date: 2009-07-03 10:08 pm (UTC)
From: [identity profile] budleysalterton.livejournal.com
which inspires another t-shirt.

with or without a Kosh underlay


"I have always been there,

now where's my t-shirt ? "

Date: 2009-07-04 04:23 am (UTC)
From: [identity profile] sethop.livejournal.com
Oh yeah, I'd totally buy that T-shirt, and frankly, at various times, I've earned it.

Another classic XKCD is the one about youtube comments, which must surely comprise the world's largest collection of accumulated wrongness by now.

http://xkcd.com/202/

Date: 2009-07-04 07:38 am (UTC)
From: [identity profile] alexmc.livejournal.com
I for one believe

a) The grammar is wrong
b) It was deliberately done so
c) It is funnier that way
d) Hell, if the grammar is wrong but is in common usage then who cares?

:-)

Date: 2009-07-04 08:51 am (UTC)
From: [identity profile] ccomley.livejournal.com
Heh - yes, a familiar concept.

In my advancing years and wisdom, I don't let the trolls bite - give 'em a chance, if they persist in being wrong, dim, obtuse or difficult, I just leave 'em to it. Life is way too short.

Date: 2009-07-05 09:19 pm (UTC)
From: [identity profile] ellie-nor.livejournal.com
Hehehe :-D

Profile

marypcbuk: (Default)
marypcbuk

April 2023

S M T W T F S
      1
234 56 7 8
9 101112131415
16171819 20 2122
23 24 25 26 27 2829
30      

Most Popular Tags

Style Credit

Expand Cut Tags

No cut tags
Page generated Sep. 27th, 2026 04:55 am
Powered by Dreamwidth Studios